Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Escape the Brexit blues for a bright new future in France!
My client has for sale a ten-bedroom, recently refurbished Logis de France hotel with a 50-seat restaurant, plus a shaded terrace restaurant for dining in the summer.
It also has an attractive bar which is popular with both locals and visitors alike.
It is a very profitable business which the present owner has built up over the last 13 years.
Last year it turned over more than £400,000. It is only for sale because he has reached retirement age and has no family to pass it on to.
I know the business very well, having stayed there with my wife very regularly for all the years the owner has run it.
Very attractively priced at £800,000, it offers an exceptional return on capital. It represents a first-class investment opportunity with further growth potential.
Why you should want to invest in the business
• Nothing is more important than location. This hotel’s location is the beautiful Sologne region of France with its forest and lakes which means that it is close to great Loire châtaux such as Chambord, is in the heart of excellent hunting and fishing and is very close to the A71 autoroute which links the channel ports to tourist hot spots such as the Dordogne to the south.
• It is very close to some important businesses with which it has close links. It, therefore, enjoys a steady year-round stream of commercial customers.
• It appeals to tourists, notably the British, for whom it is well-placed to enjoy the delights of the region for a weekend or longer. Importantly, it is only 3-4 hour drive from the channel tunnel and, therefore, is a convenient stop-over en-route to more southerly destinations. It is located in a very pretty village which itself has a splendid château. Moreover, it has the considerable advantage of a covered, secure car park behind the hotel and, therefore, not in view from the main road.
• Its restaurant is very well known for the high-quality cuisine based around local ingredients, notably the abundant game in the Sologne forest and the excellent Loire wines. This reputation for exceptional food and drink at very reasonable prices ensures a high degree of customer loyalty.
• The bar area is very congenial and is popular with the locals and those who regularly pass through the village.
• Above all, the exceptionally high level of repeat business provides a cash-flow that sustains its profitability.
I am a retired international marketing consultant and have lived in France for more than 30 years. Consequently, I speak fluent French and have authored six books for Anglophones who want to learn to speak the language. In my time I have worked for some great French companies, notably Michelin in Clermont Ferrand.
The owner has invited me to present his business to an English-speaking audience because I speak French, because he knows me well, because I am very familiar with his business and because I can devote the time to its sale. Consequently, I can manage the whole process from beginning to end and provide the linguistic help that English-speaking purchasers might need along the route. So, I can help you view the business, discuss the opportunities, negotiate on your behalf and if necessary, help facilitate the purchase. I can even go further and help with post-purchase operational issues – staffing, purchasing, marketing and so on.
This business provides a once-in-a-lifetime chance to launch out in a new direction, enjoy a new lifestyle and, above all, guarantee a very rewarding future.
How to proceed
For more details contact seller for more information on the business.
PS: Hundreds, if not thousands of hotels are currently for sale throughout France, often because they fail to deliver an acceptable rate of return on investment. What makes this one different is that its location produces an all-year-round trade with very little down time. A high occupancy rate throughout the year is the key to success in the hotel business particularly, in rural and seaside areas where business is usually highly seasonal.
Real Property Included
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business