Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Sweetgrass is a highly successful business and will transfer as a complete turnkey operation to a new owner with the following assets: all real estate which includes 64 acres (30+ acres in pasture and hay, 10 acres sugar bush, 20 acres undeveloped, river access) with a 4,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility, 4 season tasting room and production facility with radiant floor heating, 4,000 sq. ft. second story for expansion if desired, 5 bedroom 2 bath home with attached ell, 5 story post and beam barn, 2 car garage, all brands, trademarks, customer list, all bulk wine/spirits, bottled wine/spirits, barrel aging spirits, intellectual property, all furnishings, commercial kitchen including equipment, fixtures, production equipment, bottling equipment, tanks, still, lab/lab equipment, farm equipment (tractor and implements), delivery van, and retail tasting room(s) leasehold rights including their furnishings.
For more information, please contact us by using the form below.
Real Property Included
Historic farmhouse with 2,460 sq. ft. of living space. 5 bedrooms, 2 full baths, garage, el, workshop, and 5 story post and beam barn.
The farm, winery, distillery, commercial kitchen, tasting room, and retail shop are located in Union, Maine. The satellite tasting room and retail shop is located in the Old Port in Portland, Maine.
The farm has 60+ acres for expansion or for farming/ranching. The manufacturing plant is 4,000 sq. ft. with an additional 4,000 sq. ft. upstairs for expansion.
Our Competitive Advantages
1. It’s all here and included in the price. A new production distillery or winery can take years of planning, a couple of years of building and another 2 or 8 years of producing and aging products. The chances of an award winning wine or spirit is low and takes more years of refining and tuning before that is achievable. Sweetgrass has been making wine and spirits for 15 years. We offer award winning wines and spirits, 8 years of aging whiskey, and the ability to innovate and create your own terroir while having a good income to do just that.
2. Help learning the ropes if needed. Keith will spend a year helping you (re)learn the business. Having one of the most educated winemakers/distillers at your fingertips to help you achieve your dream product, career, or family farm winery/distillery business.
3. Established reputation. Sweetgrass not only has highly lauded products but is a sought after destination with 4.5 to 5.0 stars on public review pages and has a great continued customer following of 6K+ email recipients with a 32% open rate. We offer customers tours and tastings in a no fuss family friendly atmosphere. We offer them award winning products, products they are proud to serve their friends and family. Products they come back for year after year. The drinks business is growing being pushed forward by the demand of local quality products and Sweetgrass continues to be in the forefront of this trend.
4. Existing wholesale business worth $100K per year and growing steadily.
5. Projections for growth in the craft beverage business in Maine are strong. What sets us apart is our award winning gin, Back River Gin, which continues to be one of the highest rated gins in North America and our other innovative and unique wines and spirits. New customers continue to discover us while existing customers return each year. We have a large following of local customers that purchase our products all year around.
Union facility, May through December, Wednesdays - Sundays, 11 am to 5 pm
Portland facility, Open year around, 11 am to 5 pm
Help learning the ropes if needed. Winemaker/distiller will spend a year helping you (re)learn the business. Having one of the most educated winemakers/distillers at your fingertips to help you achieve your dream product, career, or family farm winery/distillery business.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Trial available.Sell Your Business