Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Multi-Award Winning Tap ‘n’ Barrel, Micro-Pub and Music Venue Wigan Business for Sale
Leasehold, Free of Tie Bar, The Tap ‘n’ Barrel for Sale - £165,000 + stock.
• Multi Award winning, Cask Marque accredited real ale bar.
• Listed in The Good Beer Guide for the last four years.
• Prime town centre location within Jaxons Court in the ‘Victorian Quarter’ of Wigan.
• Situated within a popular and unique private courtyard – no pavement Licence required.
• Has Licence to serve alcohol 7days per week from 12pm to 2pm if desired.
• Free of Tie with 100% ‘wet’ sales.
• Has won numerous CAMRA awards including Cider Pub of the Year.
• Enviable reputation, numerous positive reviews, nationwide customer base.
• Music Licence for both playing and performing music.
• Popular live music venue every Sunday afternoon.
• Monthly music events on Thursday evenings (Open Mic), Saturday evenings (live music) and Friday afternoon (Folk Group).
• High standard of fixtures and fittings throughout including sound equipment for bands.
• Spacious premises with additional first floor popular for private functions.
• Supplier accounts set up and well established.
• Potential to introduce tea, coffee or catering.
• Scope to introduce Beer and Cider Festivals.
• Ideal location to ‘host’ events such as Cider Tasting, Cheese and Wine matching or even Beer and Chocolate Tasting.
• Experienced staff - could be operated under management.
• Low overheads.
• New Lease to be assigned – rent of £786.67 per month.
• No business rates payable.
• Current Opening Hours of Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 12pm to 10pm,
Friday and Saturday 12pm to 12am, Sunday 1pm to 10pm. Closed on Tuesdays.
Rutter Green Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this award winning Micro Pub, The Tap ‘n’ Barrel and live Music Venue business in Wigan, Greater Manchester. The Micro Pub is located in a prominent and highly desirable trading location within the pedestrianized, private courtyard of Jaxons Court within the centre of Wigan (although it is not a typical town centre pub – being a micro-bar in the true sense). It is surrounded by a wide variety of other independent food, retail and leisure related businesses which create a high daily footfall and much passing trade. Jaxons Court is a unique and sought after trading location known locally as the ‘Victorian Quarter’ for its atmosphere and welcoming environment. The business is adjacent to the recently rebuilt bus station as well as being within short walking distance of both Wigan North Western and Wigan Wallgate railway stations.
The micro pub and live music venue has won numerous awards over the years including Cider Pub of the Year, Pub of the Season, Local Ale Pub, Best New Cask Outlet, Consistent Quality Award and is Cask Marque accredited. The business has gained an enviable reputation from within the Wigan area and throughout the wider region. It specializes in an extensive range of Real Ales sourced from breweries throughout the Country in addition to Ciders and Gins. The bar areas are open plan and can be subdivided depending on the event or function. In addition, there is also a first floor area for a more relaxing atmosphere. The premises benefit from an exceptionally high standard of fixtures, fittings and equipment throughout, all of which are owned by the business outright. Currently the bar trades on a practically 100% ‘wet’ sales basis offering scope to introduce a wide food offering or coffee. The private courtyard is a particular asset allowing unrestricted customer access and seating.
Leasehold premises briefly comprising of;
Ground floor -
Open plan bar area -capacity of 100+ customers,
Bespoke perimeter shelving with bar stools,
Central ‘long’ bar servery. 5 real ale hand pulls, 2 cider hand pulls,
3 draft craft pulls + Peroni, San Miguel and Aspall Cider dispensers.
Rear Gin and Spirits shelving,
Double and single bottle chiller cabinets,
EPOS System, glass washer, hand sink, hot dog machine.
Recently re-furbished rear open plan seating area – bi-fold doors allowing separation for private functions if required,
Professional mixing desk, two active speakers, two mics with stands and leads, everything needed for live music.
Rear exit door.
Ladies WC with disabled access,
Cold Beer Store – fully equipped, chiller system, ice making machine.
Internal Stairway to First Floor;
Open plan seating area;
Tall tables and bespoke wooden perimeter shelving with bar stools,
Spirit store/Strong room.
CCTV throughout externally and over both floors, commercial led lighting equipped with dimmer switches for ambience and emergency lighting throughout, smoke sensors, fire safety system.
Wide frontage on prominent corner within the Jaxons Court private courtyard,
Room for numerous external tables and chairs.
This is a unique opportunity to purchase such a popular and thriving Micro Pub business offering infinite scope for the future. Early discussions with Rutter Green Commercial must come highly recommended.
Rutter Green Commercial Ref. 1380.
Micro Pub in Wigan Greater Manchester Business for Sale.
Leasehold pub business for sale.
Bar Wigan business for sale.
Music Venue in Wigan Business for Sale.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Trial available.Sell Your Business