For sale is a long-established ecommerce retailer specializing in selling high quality furniture and home goods. As a 100% dropship model, the business is free of the capital requirements associated with stocked inventory. To streamline operations, the company has created a number of proprietary automation processes for order fulfillment, customer service and lead management within the Shopify Plus platform in combination with Google Workspaces. Custom code has also been developed to gather data from the vendors’ websites which is then adapted and allows products to be uploaded to the company web store quicker and more accurately than competitors.
Originally launched as a supplement in 2015 to eight other niche focused websites, the sites were all rolled into one in late 2019 to operate as the main business from that point forward and at the same time, migrated to the Shopify Plus platform. This strategic move coupled with advantageous policy changes by Google regarding organic listings in Google Shopping, in addition to the boost to ecommerce overall during the pandemic and a growing online furniture industry, have all attributed to the business’ success.
The business has been growing and continues this year with sales up 220% in 2021 to-date over the same period in 2020!
Key Benefits Include:
• Over 10 years of established vendor and shipping carrier
• Key vendors are not opening new accounts
• Negotiated shipping rates with vendors and carriers due to volume
• Low Overhead - no inventory, no warehouses
• Streamlined operations for processing orders, answering sales leads, and mitigating claims
• Specialized team of overseas virtual assistants specifically experienced in e-commerce for furniture and home goods
• Business model provides for lots of liquid capital
• Scalable IP for handling a higher capacity of data, vendors, orders and sales leads
• High priority Shopify Plus member with dedicated support
• Listed in HGTV magazine multiple times for a trusted place to buy furniture with over 21,000 reviews on Shopper Approved, TrustPilot, and Google Merchant