Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
***Special Note: In a victory for small business buyers, the recent $900BB stimulus bill directs the SBA to pay the first 6 months of new SBA 7(a) loans approved between February 1 and September 30, 2021 (up to $9,000/month). Our advice: Don't wait. Find a quality business and get moving quickly. Banks will be busy this year and buyers that wait until July/August will likely lose out.
COVID-19 Update: The Company is currently catching up on installations that were scheduled prior to the shutdown. Lots of new installations have been sold since the business was able to reopen.
Founded in 1976, this highly profitable service and retail business specializes in custom fireplace installations. Located in North-Central Michigan, the Company serves an area where seasonal homes, cottages, and Airbnb rentals are flourishing, setting up a future where its products and services are in strong and constant demand.
In addition to the Company being a second-generation family business, many of the Company’s loyal customers are also multigenerational.
Even though the Company has grown over 20% over the past three years, ownership (seeking retirement) acknowledges that more energetic/driven ownership would likely be able to significantly grow the business through better use of social media, intentionally fostering homebuilder relationships, partnering with HVAC companies and marketing its service division more aggressively.
The real estate (FMV $415,000) is available for sale with the business.
Thank you for reading this overview. The extent of the information that we are publicly permitted to reveal about this opportunity is contained in this overview. Please submit your contact information in the provided form. We have automated the processing of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and sending of information for speed and efficiency.
You will be sent a link to our online Nda. If you do not receive the nda link, please check your junk mail.
Once we receive your NDA, the Confidential Business Review (CBR) will be sent to you. They will be happy to correspond and answer your questions directly. Thank you for your time!
Real Property Included
10,000 square foot facility which includes a 6,000 square foot showroom with over 40 live burn displays.
New Energetic Ownership: Current ownership is close to retirement age and hasn’t had the drive to take the business to the next level. A new owner with fresh eyes, particularly with social media prowess, could significantly grow the business.
(2) Internet Sales: The Company sells smaller home décor items in addition to fireplace setups. Offering some of these items online could add sales.
(3) Increase in Staff: The Company does not have enough technicians to keep up with the repair and installation demand in the area.
(4) HVAC Partnership: If the Company were to pair with an HVAC facility, it could be very profitable for both divisions, as there is limited coverage for HVAC services in the area.
Investment Highlights Include:
(1) Excellent Location: The Company is in a small town with excellent access to major markets. The Company serves a customer base within a 100-mile radius, with the bulk of the Company’s business occurring within 50 miles. Northern Michigan is a popular location for seasonal homes and cottages, creating a high demand for rustic fireplace and hearth setups.
(2) Strong Reputation: With a long track record of success, the Company has a strong reputation for delivering quality products and services. Although it does not invest in online marketing, the company benefits from an outstanding 4.7-star and 4.9-star aggregate review profile from Google and Facebook, respectively.
(3) Major Brand Product Lines: Customers of the Company can select from a wide range of top quality brands including Elmira Stove Works, Kozy Heat Fireplaces, Napoleon, Mendota, and more.
(4) Loyal Customer Base: The Company has a large and loyal customer base, with several generations of repeat customers and many builder accounts.
Ownership is willing to provide reasonable and customary transition assistance.
Limited seller-financing is available for qualified buyers.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Trial available.Sell Your Business