Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Energy Efficiency And Ev Infrastructure Solutions Provider
Founded in 2004, this Business is an energy services provider that delivers design, installation, and maintenance services as well as distributes products used in commercial and government projects. The Business excels in providing solutions that improve energy efficiency as well as in implementing electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
The Business has been profitable in all its 15 years of operation. This is in part due its lean internal processes, but more importantly is due to the unusually wide diversity of revenue streams covering all three of its product lines (Energy Efficiency design & installations, EV Charging infrastructure design & installations, and product sales), geographic reach of its projects, and client type and diversity.
In addition to all commercial clients, the Business serves hundreds of agencies of the federal government as well as many schools, local and state agencies, especially in California. This Business has several long term (IDIQ-type) contracts with the Federal General Services Administration (GSA & GSA Fleet). Similar contracts exist for narrower lines of products with the State of California.
The Company is qualified by the US Dept. of Energy as an ESCo (Energy Services Company). This distinction is difficult to obtain and is held by just a few dozen large construction companies and a very few small businesses, nearly none of which are self-performing as is this Company. This qualification also authorizes agencies of the federal (and local) government to enter in "performance contracts" with the Company as an ESCo. These contracts, which are typically large, is one of the main potential growth avenues for the future of this Business.
The Company’s target markets are: Commercial Office buildings, Industrial Buildings, School facilities, Hospitals, Municipal Buildings and facilities, City Street, Parks, and Parking lighting, Hundreds of State Agencies' facilities, and hundreds of thousands of facilities occupied by 470 Federal agencies comprising over 10,000 buyers.
The Business differentiates itself in the following ways:
• Remarkably diverse revenue streams
• 15 years of written record of satisfied clientele in large projects throughout the US
• Lean operation, and high productivity
• Leverage automation especially for large projects effectively run by just by minimal staff and resources
• Bondability, and audited finances
• High levels of insurance coverage
• Experienced, knowledgeable, reliable, and long-term key staff
The new owner can realize substantial growth potential, especially if the acquirer is a strategic Buyer in the construction industry. The growth potential stems from the fact that this Company is well positioned to become a full scale ESCo that can compete head to head with large companies to go after larger projects. In addition, a new owner can build on existing contracts and relationships to become a major player in the EV charging infrastructure with a national footprint. Finally, there is a multitude of opportunities in Low-voltage systems and similarly in mechanical projects that the Company is not currently pursuing, but can add to the portfolio by simply leveraging the same templates and the same clientele already in place.
The Business operates out of a 5,000sf office/warehouse, with trained and certified, in-house technicians. The Company partners with a few strategically chosen manufacturers and acts as distributor for them especially in sales to the government agencies. The Company has been Small Business and HUBZone certified since 2012.
The Business relies heavily on automation and electronic record-keeping to raise productivity, reduce response time and waste. Several of the most critical pieces of software (notably the offer calculation) are developed in-house. Considerable proposal writing and response to solicitation skills are present and will be passed on to the new owner.
Here is an overview of products and services offered by the Company:
• US Dept. of Energy "Qualified Energy Services Company/Contractor" (a.k.a. ESCo)
• Energy efficient lighting product reseller (including the hard-to-find US-Made for use in large government contracts)
• Energy efficient lighting design and installations
• Energy saving or safety or decorative Window film reseller
• Energy saving or safety or decorative Window film design and installations
• Electric Vehicle Charging stations reseller
• Electric Vehicle Charging stations design and installations
• Electrical or lighting maintenance for local large property management
• Energy efficiency consulting
• Multi-year master contracts for products and services with the federal government (GSA) for the above categories, and most recently BAA compliant medical (NIOSH certified N95) masks
• Nationwide operations and sales.
According to Marketresearch.com, between 2020 and 2025 the Energy Efficiency in Commercial Buildings market will register a 12.4%% CAGR in terms of revenue, and the global market size will reach $ 50 Billion by 2025 from $ 31 Billion in 2019.
Global construction output of all types exceeds $7 trillion and is expected to reach $15.5 trillion by 2030, according to Global Construction Perspectives and Oxford Economics. China, India, and the US are expected to account for more than half of global construction growth between 2015 and 2030. The US nonresidential building construction industry includes about 42,000 establishments (single location companies and units of multi-location companies) with combined annual revenue of about $375 billion.
Rent: $4680/ month, 5,000 SF
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Trial available.Sell Your Business