Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market this complete bathroom & kitchen installation and renovations business.
The business was founded in 1978 and the current owners have run it successfully and lucratively since 1989 during which time it has flourished and been a real labour of love.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only so that the owners can enjoy a well-earned retirement, they are keen to see their beloved business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
The business offers a wide range of services including;
• Complete bathroom installation
• Supply of all bathrooms
• Wet Rooms
• All plumbing work
• Wall and floor tiling
• Electrical work
• Karndean vinyl flooring
• Altro Flooring
The business has a firm commitment to customer satisfaction which is why they use 3D computer aided design and project managed installation using their own fitters who have been trained to the highest standard in house. They also offer the services of an experienced fully registered part p electrician.
The sale will include a quality website and Facebook page and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet with many fantastic reviews.
Also included is an impressive and considerable client database consisting of domestic homeowners, Commercial property owners, and landlords.
Scope to Improve
• Advertising and marketing campaign
• Maximise the use of social media particularly Twitter and Instagram
• Explore the use of Google ad words etc
• Expand the commercial side of the business
• Review the pricing structure to ensure the business continues to be competitive
• Employ more staff to enable more work to be undertaken
• Explore online voucher discounters such as Groupon and Wowcher
Reasons to Buy
• A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
• Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
• Includes website and all social media platforms
• Current owners happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
• Ideal bolt on to an existing business
• A real opportunity to increase turnover significantly, current owners are running at a pace to suit
• Ideal owner managed or partnership business
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment. This great little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
This complete bathroom & kitchen installation and renovations business is based in Shropshire.
The business is ideally positioned on a modern and unusually busy industrial estate, the premises are immaculately presented and fastidiously maintained with clear visible signage and free parking immediately outside the premises.
The business occupies a modern, end terraced industrial unit, 180.9 sq. m. and is nicely presented and maintained and briefly comprises;
• Windows and glazed door to front creating a light airy and inviting interior
• Generously proportioned showroom with tiled floor
• Cleverly designed to maximise the space available
• An impressive range of room sets displaying full bathrooms, shower cubicles, kitchens and great range of tile displays.
• Windows to showroom
• Ample space for a number of desks, drawers, cupboards and filing cabinets etc.
• Generous warehouse with concrete flooring and high ceilings
• Heavy duty racking
• Additional floor storage space
• Roller door to front
We are advised that the business is being sold as a Leasehold business opportunity.
The existing Lease has approximately 3 years remaining, and the rent is £12,000 per annum which is really reasonable given the size, condition and location of the premises.
There is an additional service charge of approximately £350 per annum.
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.
Monday 9.15 am – 5.00 pm
Tuesday 9.15 am – 5.00 pm
Wednesday 9.15 am – 1.00 pm
Thursday 9.15 am – 5.00 pm
Friday 9.15 am – 5.00 pm
Saturday 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
The business is run and managed by our clients with the help of two full time experienced fitters.
The business generated an advised turnover of circa £322,000 as of the 2016 accounts with a gross profit of approximately 40% and an adjusted net profit of roughly £82,000.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business