Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Information about the Lease of Hillcrest
Please find below information that may help you decide if this will be a suitable business for you.
The business consists of a caravan park, a takeaway and convenience store and a fuel station.We have 8 of our own Cabins, 19 Powered sites, 18 Unpowered sites and 35 privately owned onsite vans (31 semi permanent and 4 permanent occupancies) that pay a yearly site fee.
• I have owned the lease for 6 years in December 2019. I am only selling due to having a very active 2 ½ year old son and doing both by myself. I am struggling to give both the business and my son the attention they both need and deserve.
• The best time to take over would be during summer so that you get a head start financially for Winter.
• You really need to have a long term (5 -10yr) outlook.
• Full training and ongoing contact/support will be provided.
• Asking price is 450k plus stock (approx. 50K). I am happy to look at vendor finance for the right people. That basically means that you pay a deposit upfront, of at least 200k, and then you pay me the rest off out of the business over up to 10yrs. At the end of the 10yrs (unless paid out earlier), you will own it outright.
• I started with a 500K business loan and in 5 years I have paid it completely off.
• The business really needs a couple to effectively run it. It is best to have 1 primarily run the shop and the other look after the park and help in the shop over lunch and dinner. I do employ 8 staff, Although, staff will never work as hard or have as much interest in the success of the business as the owner, so it is best to only have them on when needed.
• The long days can sometimes be a bit tough (13hrs), but with 2 people running it, you could take it in turns having breaks or sleep ins.
• You have to go and get the papers every morning (staff do this on your day off) at about 6.30am to be back to open at 7am.
• Winter can be a bit quiet and boring sometimes, but I just use the time to clean and catch up on admin work.
• You really have no personal expenses. All your bills (fuel, phone, electricity, internet) and personal expenses come out of the business.
• There is a 3 bedroom managers house attached.
• The staff are more than capable of running the place during your days off and holidays. I recommend at least having 1 day off a week together.
• It is a great business financially if you are happy to work hard and watch wage expenses.
The current 5yr lease has 3 1/2 yrs remaining (signed December 2018), and there is another 3 x 5yrs left.
$138,000 (AUD) per annum
A 3bedroom managers house. Can be left furnished or unfurnished. Beautiful viwes of the ocean and Bay from the kitchen and loungeroom.
Located on the Beautiful East coast of Tasmania. Ocean and bay water views. This spot is very popular with deepsea and bay fishing. There is also a new St Helens Mountain Bike track opened up November 2019 which will certainly bring in extra biking groups also.
The main building consists of the Takeaway/Convenience store, Reception for the park, Fuel station (2 x unleaded and 1 x Diesel) and the 3 Bedroom house is attached.
There is a huge potential for expansion not only in the shop with different food and so on, but in the park itself. I have been thinking of extending the games room/Camp kitchen and putting in some backpacker accommodation as there is no backpacker accommodation in St Helens anymore. There is also room to put in additional cabins.
There is another Caravan Park situated down the road (NRMA Park), but it is in the Higher end of the market price wise and we have a very friendly relationship and refer guests between us.
I have a 2 1/2yr old son and am a single mother. Trying to run a fulltime business and take care of my son is very difficult and I can't giver either 100%, which they both deserve. I am having to pay out more in wages to help compensate.
7am to 7pm (8pm on weekends and busy times)
Full training and ongoing support will be provided
Vendor finance is available after a $200,000 deposit.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business