Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
1. The property is located on approximately18 acres of ocean front property (the owner is keeping a parcel of land away (3-5 acres) from the rest of the structures) The shoreline is approximately 850 feet of sea cliff with stunning views of the Northumberland straight. Stellar views of sunrises and sunsets. A sandstone beach is accessible directly from the property, and a sandy beach is a very short walk.
2. There are 6 cottages. 5 have two bedrooms each plus a queen sleeper sofa. One unit is a single bedroom “Honeymoon” cottage. Property has excellent appeal for the leisure or business traveler or corporate group wanting to “get away from it all”.
3. All buildings are non-smoking.
4. The property includes a beautiful 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home built in 2009 which would likely serve as the home of the investor.
5. The property also includes a large two bay garage with a laundry room, office, and a 1 bedroom loft apartment with a large deck.
6. Cottages and loft are fully furnished and can sleep up to 6 guests (4 in loft).
7. At a quiet, more rural location, the property is positioned as a safe, clean, friendly, hospitality service provider for business travelers, leisure guests, corporate retreats and sports teams.
8. Restaurants are within 10-15 minutes from the property as well as a shopping mall which is 23 minutes away.
9. The property sits on approximately 23 acres of land and was build about 8 years ago. The property is in excellent condition and built extremely well.
10. The property is equipped with Wireless High Speed Internet with coverage to all units plus a large portion of the property around the units. Each unit has satellite TV, fully equipped kitchen, full bath and their own deck.
11. The property enjoys a 4 star Canada Select rating.
12. The property is beginning to enjoy repeat guests who typically book 1-3 week stays each year.
This property is very well constructed and in excellent condition maintenance wise.
BUILDING SIZES: Inquire with Broker.
FOUNDATION: The home is on a floating concrete slab, the garage has a poured concrete slab ground floor. The cottages are on concrete columns.
FRAME: Wooden frame in all buildings.
WINDOWS: Double-glazed windows in wooden/vinyl-clad frames in all buildings...
ROOF: Pitched Roof all over
Systems & Services
OFFICE: A small office in the garage.
TELECOM: A private line to the home and a party line shared between cottages.
There is wireless high-speed Internet Service
HVAC: Cottages have electric fireplace and electric baseboards. House has electric heat and a propane gas fireplace. House and loft are winterized and can be enjoyed year round.
WATER: The property uses a well for water. A main water tank is in the garage which feeds the garage and all cottages. Each cottage has its own electric hot water heater. The house has its own water tank and hot water heater.
SEPTIC/SEWAGE: The house and loft share a septic tank and leaching field. Three additional septic tanks support the cottages with a single large leaching field.
Laundry: The garage has a commercial washer and drier for guest use. The house has its own laundry facilities.
LIFE SAFETY: All cottages and the home have smoke detectors.
MANAGEMENT: The property is managed, maintained, and operated by the owners.
• Located in Pictou County, Nova Scotia, 90 minutes or less from Cape Breton, Halifax, New Brunswick Border, Halifax International Airport and PEI ferry
• Located on the Sunrise Trail in Seafoam, Nova Scotia
• Within a 40-minute drive, or less, from a Bus and Train Terminal
• Close to historic town of Pictou, Hector Heritage Quay business core, several beautiful beaches, a winery, museums, hiking/biking trails, ziplining, golf, shopping malls, restaurants, etc.
THE LOCAL AREA:
The community of Seafoam and the Northumberland Shore region of Nova Scotia is a safe, family-oriented community that is well known for its quality of life. Its commitment to providing first quality services and facilities attracts numerous tourists and sports teams each year. There are numerous festivals throughout the year, including two Nova Scotia signature events, attracting visitors from far away. Many projects & investments on the go will attract more and more visitors and corporate clientele. Pictou County is the home of several large corporations, including Sobeys, Scotsburn Dairy, Michelin Tire, Maritime Steel, and Northern Pulp. The region has many retail business, shopping malls, a Community College, and a regional airport & industrial parks. The economy is resource, manufacturing, tourism, knowledge-based industries, etc.
River John is the closest community to the property. Pictou and Tatamagouche are each about 20 minutes from the property.
Seafoam and River John are part of the Chignecto Central Regional School Board and are
served by River John Consolidated, a Primary to Grade Nine school, located in the
community, and neighbouring Northumberland Regional High School. The Nova Scotia
Community College offers distance education through its Virtual Campus and in person
through the Stellarton and Truro locations. There are several Nova Scotia universities
offering online and distance education.